Sunday, October 19, 2008

On August 14th 2008, I got up out of bed and decided to take a pregnancy test. A week or two prior to that date we were on the Oregon Coast, and I wasn't feeling very well. So, I kinda had a hunch that I might be pregnant, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. So when I noticed that the icky feeling continued, I decided it was time to take the test. I got up from bed and headed off to Walmart. Garrett was already at work, and so were his parents. I got the pregnancy test and headed for home. I immediately went for the bathroom and took the test. As I waited I put my hands in my face, I could feel my heart racing, I didn't want to look. I had been disappointed a lot, so I was afraid of that. I finally worked up the courage to look at my pregnancy test. And sure enough it said "YES," I was so thrilled I just started to sob, I couldn't believe I was pregnant! So many emotions went through my head. I had to talk to somebody. But I decided to wait to tell Garrett and surprise him with the news. So instead I called my sister Heidi. When she answered the phone I was just sobbing, she thought something had happened to me. I could barely speak, but I finally spilled out the words, "I'm pregnant!" She was so excited. Garrett came home later that day and I surprised him with a little onesie that said, "You're going to be a daddy." (and don't worry I have this on video!) He was so thrilled!


This picture was taken when I was only 5 weeks and 6 days along! We couldn't believe that they could even find the baby! The baby was only about 1/4 inch long. When we were watching the baby there was a little flicker, and the nurse told us that it was the babies heart beat. CRAZY!! So the baby already has a nickname, it is "Peanut." Right now I am currently 15 weeks and 3 days along, so the baby is about 4 3/4 inches long. I am not feeling as sick as I used too. I am actually feeling a lot better! The baby is being nice to me. We have not found out yet if it is a boy or a girl. But the way things are going the baby is acting a little diva-ish, so we will see. We find out on November 11th. So that is going to be a very exciting day.

2 comments:

Trav-Amy-Kennedy-Shaylee Barney said...

Melissa! Heids told me you made a blog! I am so happy for you...you have so many exciting things happening! yay! come back and visit though. We need to play bunko together! You were my fav seriously i've never laughed so hard

Warburtons said...

hey i found you thanks to amy's blog!!! i love your background!!! remember how you find out in like three weeks!!!! yeah.......i am so happy for you. oh and whats this about building a house??? RICH!!